Listen up people. Have you been pounding out ridiculous volumes of articles and blog posts to your websites and other support sites? A lot of people take an approach that focuses on volume. They feel like they have to continuously produce volumes upon volumes of material in order to get enough backlinks and traffic to their website. You feel like you have to keep a fresh supply of new material out there to replace the old material that is starting to disappear from the search engines. This is an effective method. However, there is also another way.
I suggest you use your new material to continuously juice up your older higher quality material. You and I both know that the about 20% of the articles and posts that you write are really good. Meanwhile the other 80% or so are less than stellar. This is to be expected.
We also both know that a lot of that older material is going to drop out of the search engines. Sometimes this happens to some of our really good material. This can happen if we are writing in a highly competitive niche. It happens just due to the sheer volume of content out there that is related to our topic.
You can stop this from happening by juicing up the old articles and blog posts. When you are publishing a new article at one of the major article directory sites, you should leave a link pointing back at one of your older articles or blog posts that you knew had better content on it. When Google sees a new link to that old content, they will give the original article another chance. Get enough of these links and the search engines will keep that original article indexed for a very long time. That article will continue to get new traffic because of it.
If you made a regular habit of this, you would soon find that your best material is all staying around to help drive traffic to the place it was originally intended to. You earn compound interest on that old article baby. We all know that years of compound interest really adds up. By doing this you are going to be getting much more consistent results with your article marketing efforts. You will also be developing your brand much better because readers are going to come across more of your best material and less of the not so great stuff.
I felt obligated to write this because I realized that an awful lot of people don’t do this. It is foolish not to. Use the juice from publishing ultra-fresh content to add juice to your old stuff so that it sticks around. Make sure you are linking to the most relevant material that you possibly can. The more relevant the old article was to the one you are writing now, the better off you are. Relevancy plays a key role in link juice calculations. Always try to provide the most juice possible by staying relevant and using the most appropriate keyword anchor.